In 1999, AMTM obtained the status of humanitarian wholesale pharmacy. Its role is to ensure the availability of medecines which are vital for the efffective medical treatment at the sites where we operate.
- Choice of the essential molecules by the doctors and pharmacists
- Estimation of the quantities needed according to the pathologies encountered, the number of patients treated and the needs our local partners
- Ordering medecines from the wholesalers
- Receipt of donations
- Monitoring AMTM stock by batch and use-by date
- Distribution of medecines during missions in India and Nepal, observing good practice whatever the conditions encountered in the area.
Donations of medecines
For 15 years, Tulipe (Transfert d’Urgence de l’Industrie Pharmaceutique), the pharmaceutical industry collective sponsorship organization, has been providing valuable and effective help in donating medecines. Tulipe have provided several tons of medecines for our Association.
These donations represent a substantial saving for AMTM enabling us to invest in other projects.